Sunday, November 28, 2010

Christmas pictures for me by my son to bring smiles

Photobucket

While my oldest son was here for Thanksgiving he drew two happy pictures for me for Christmas time cheer.


Photobucket
These are happy trees that ooze contentment and smiles for me.


Photobucket




Photobucket
This one spoke to me for some reason---the red reminded me of Jesus's blood shed for me, and the green mountains spoke of the new and everlasting life we have in him. The branch reminded me that if we abide in him we will produce golden fruit.



Photobucket

Together they just make for some happy Christmas pictures and they bring me much pleasure. PS. My son loves drawing cartoon type pictures....but he also does regular kinds. He loves doodling and his drawings are sometimes weird! I will have to show some of his other ones perhaps in the distant future. We will probably be moving in December and then I will have to change the title of this blog!

11 comments:

  1. What? moving?
    You can't just throw that out there like that...and leave us hanging. Ha!
    Well, I don't envy anyone having to move- I would dread the packing and such. Just thought of looking at another house to live in, blech!

    I think your son's art work is unique and cute--he could probably make some money as a starving artist somewhere--they'd probably sell!

    see you around-- Oh, and keep us posted with what you might rename too, I'd hate to loose you out there in cyber world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NannyKim, your son is a wonderful artist. I love the murals he has painted in your cottage, especially the bird in its nest. Moving can be exciting, but lots of work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful...made me smile too :) Blessings on your week....Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, I love the colors..very expressive.
    I don't think you need to change your blog name.. I like Spindle Cottage..Just call it Spindle cottage Two..
    Have a sweet day and hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are wonderful. You see such faith in the paintings and I have to say that I see whimsy and almost a Dr. Seuss look. Does that say something about our personalities? Maybe I need to work on mine a bit:) He is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures are gorgeous! he is so very artistic, how nice for you. I love what you see in them, that just makes them so much more meaningful, doesn't it.
    Love and hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely your son's art looks. Congrats to him and you Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowe, Love it. So why are you moving? Is everything alright? Remember... I am nosey (o:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your son's art is amazing and so much fun. I love where you have it hanging on the white wall.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy :-)