Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Thankful Thursday

VIEW of the Bradford out my bathroom window!
It is Thankful Thursday or it will be! at Rhondi's

Here are things I am thankful for this week:

warm worn wooden rockers
Spring wind making wind chimes dance
soaking up sunshine and warmth
yellow pansies
breakfast for supper
real maple syrup on hot crisp waffles
Boot's paw on my shoulder
a book and wine with a bath
crunchy raw cauliflower
interesting people waiting in line at the PO
Philtrum: the indention between nose and upper lip
waiting for the last leaves to fall in March!
a hot fire to warm the cool Spiring night
freshly laundered sheets
piles of empty sunflower seed shells under the bird feeders
the church choir in lenten black
herb garden
freshly sliced apples
veggie tray with garlic hummus
switching the feeders and hanging flowers causing squirrels to be confused
walking on an empty beach on Sunday morning after early service
having a surprise visit
video conferencing with son
fellowshipping one on one with a friend and praying together
going to early morning church service
watching a funny old Fred Astaire movie
hearing my younger son chuckle and being silly with a friend
running into an old friend
using a new rake with no tines missing!
having a foot massage by hubby
eating a good vegetable cabbage soup
baked home"fires" with salt and pepper and paprika
peppermint patties
reading a good book with feet propped up
the gray color of worn shells
the weirdness of clocks springing ahead one hour and the adjustment!
morning sunlight
listening to grandpa tell about his life
changing tablecloths
sharing spiritual things

8 comments:

  1. I think these are great. All simple things but so important. I had posted about a favorite thing today...maybe I should link it up for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful things to be thankful for! I miss my Grampa telling his stories, over and over and over:) Thanks so much for stopping over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list! You have so much to be thankful for. We all do don't we? I'm glad you joined us for thankful Thursday.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious list! Breakfast for supper, oh yes! The Philtrum? My 36 yr old daughter always used to point to it and ask me what that was called. At the time I didn't know. As usual, it's the littliest things in life that add up to the best in life. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your list! At one moment my senses are going off in wonderful directions and in the next my heart is full of joy. Thank you for these reminders and for sharing what gives you joy!

    PS What a sweet picture in your header!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful list. So many good things on there. What is it about having breakfast for dinner, we love that too!
    Hugs,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spring is such a wonderful time of year....love your beautiful tree....hope you are having a great week and getting outside and enjoying Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous view, thanks for the list it's making my day happy too!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy :-)