Saturday, March 6, 2010

Moving furniture and rugs

Photobucket

Well, we decided to move the blue and green rug down from the bedroom to tie in with the throw over our yucky sofas. There was just too much busy-ness going on with the previous rug and throw---scroll down on the blog and you might see this here: http://spindlecottage.blogspot.com/2010/01/lightening-things-up.html However that post doesn't show the mix of the big rug with it very well. There was too much going on. However the striped version on the sofa does not make me as happy as the green flowered version so I may have to play some more.

We also centered the table in the dining area that adjoins this room. The table is now centered under the ceiling light and centered with the shelving. The problem with this dining area is that the floor slants BIG TIME to the right of the picture. When you put the table the other way it slants toward the right down hill. This way the table is much more level.

4 comments:

  1. I love the rug...looks great there.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah!
    slanty floors. Sounds like home.
    I thought I was the only person in the world that lived with slanty floors, but your the second person I've read this week that has them.

    Makes blogging all the more special- when I find somebody I can relate to.

    BTW- You wouldn't know they slanted if you didn't tell; cause the pictures of your home are always so cozy and comfy. I love looking at your furniture re-arranging. You have lots of ideas.

    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blue rug looks just gorgeous. Isn't it fun to play and move things around. Have a super day. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pillows with flowers for the couches to tie in to the rug and stripes. I think it'll look good.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy :-)