Friday, April 30, 2010

Mosquito free at last

We have a big problem with mosquitoes here in the South. Hubby and I love to sit out in the warm weather to eat and read. I finally found an umbrella screen that fits over standard umbrellas. I found this at www.lakeside.com
Above you see the bottom which has a tube insert that you fill with water. This holds it down.
Now we can sit out any time with no pests. However, I will be curious to see how it holds up....especially the zipper you need to use to get in and out. Also it would have been much better if it was in a dark green or black. ....I feel like I am inside of a bridal vale or veil or however you spell it!!

3 comments:

  1. What a neat screen. I've never seen anything like this before.
    very clever idea, like the water filled tube for weight.
    you need to let us know how well it works for ya.We have mosquitoes something terrible here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know some kiddos who would love to play in that ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea, but around here...one big wind and it would be gone. We get such huge gusts that we can't even keep an umbrella out most of the time. I think the white is very elegant! Hang a few colored lanterns in the trees and it would be so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Howdy :-)