FOR OCTOBER 26
It is Metamorphosis aT Susan's and I wanted to show a transformation we did a while back. I don't have the before Picture so I will tell you about" the before". In our "sun room" we had a yucky gray indoor-outdoor carpet that was in the room when we moved in to this house. We never had the money to do anything about it. One day my hubby and I got talking and we realized that under the rug was old tiling. I thought that this might be better than the rug. So one day when I could take it no longer I started ripping. WELL, to make a long story shorter, the tiles were horrible!!! SO NOW WhAT do I do. I ripped out the tiles and was left with all this goooooooy glue junk. I purchased stuff that was supposed to remove the glue and started on a section....over by the bay window area. I was hoping it would look like slate!!! THEN I realized WAIT---perhaps if we just put polyeurathane over what was there it would look like ceramic tiles!! The tiles had left an imprint from where they had been so it looked tile-ish! ANd the swirls of yellow glue etc looked like some tiles I had seen. So here is the result:
The only problem is the first coat took over a week to dry!!!! WE were very worried...maybe it would never dry....a reaction of glue and polyeurathane. But it did dry and the next coat didn't take as long. By the way there was a huge crack we had to fill in and paint to match that hides beneath a rug--it still came out pretty well.
Here is another picture of it that I took last month--you may have seen this one: