Sunday, September 6, 2009

Transforming for Fall

This is for metamorphasis monday click the link above to see others. Also Before and After is doing a similar thing.

Photobucket
So fall is is NOT here....but the feel is in the air! These candles make me very happy with their orange glow (now, I almost said GLUE instead of GLOW because I couldn't get the sticky glue off of the bottoms---I ended up putting paper back on the sticky part) pahhh


Below is the room for the more summer feel. This is a bit serene...which I like--at one time I had a ton of dishes in the corner spot.....but I streamlined it.....perhaps it looks a bit empty with the big table...not sure......I just wanted to remove some of the clutter. Also the plates limited what colors I could use on the table.....hmmm decisons, decisions
Photobucket
However in looking at some tablescapes this week , I saw a table similar to this one without a table cloth and I wanted the look of the wood for fall (at least for today ;-) )
Photobucket
So I put a more fall colored picture behind the table and pulled out some fall stuff--but it wasn't balanced correctly on the table.
Photobucket
Notice the glare in the above picture---I can't remember if I used a flash , but must have.
Photobucket
This is with the candle light and I forgot to remove the lighter .hehehehhe

Photobucket
see the lighter is still there!
Photobucket
Ah well.....we have some pretty lights that run along the top of the wall in the picture molding---I didn't get that in the pics. This room still needs some work.....Maybe I should go for something simpler on the table---but I love colorful stuff (a warning) I have italian and oriental things---hmmm let us call it eclectic......It isn't quite right---any advice?

OK so I made some changes on the corner shelf area and table:

Photobucket

Photobucket

I removed some of the stuff on the table and added the white doiley (I know not everyone likes doilies, ah well. I like the contrast. I added some color to the shelves and put a few larger objects on the shelves and moved the tea set together)....

23 comments:

  1. Nannykim, I just took the tablecloth off my table, too, and I love the way the wood warms up the room. The picture change was a plus, too - so nice! You have made some great transformations. I always love advice, so I am going to risk saying one thing - I think your gorgeous corner cupboard needs some color, as well as some bigger items, to give it some depth.
    Maybe you could use some solid red or gold plates as backdrops for your collections. You could also coral and confine the collections to 2 shelves. Another thing that people do that I like (haven't tried yet, but want to) is covering white project board with fabric and snapping it in for a different background on the back of the cabinet. Someone just posted that. Anyway, your transformation looks so nice, even if you stop here. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dining room looks so warm and cozy for fall! The print on the wall is beautiful, and I love the candles. They give such a warm glow to the room.

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stopped by earlier and just as I was about to comment..poof. Aol kicks me off!

    But anyway--I totally love the idea od dressing up a house/room for the holidays. I mean changing colors for the seasons is just magical. I think you've done a fantasic job.
    It looks so warm and inviting. Just in time for the new Fall season.
    Any ideas? Umm I think I'm the wrong person to ask- but I would toss some slipcovers on the chairs or tie some fall colored leaves and ribbon to the backs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful warmth you added! Just a couple more weeks..and Fall will officially arrive. The painting on your dining room wall is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I'm back. Love the touches of orange in the corner cabinet, as well as the plates. You have brought some punch to the area and given it some depth. Also, I think the doily makes a nice anchor for the tablescape. That painting is still so beautiful! Love it! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I think all of the looks were great. I like the first one because I really always admire something that is not totally in balance. You have a knack for changing accessories, and they are all great vignettes. Thanks for stopping by and for your gracious comments. I hope you will join us Friday for the "Cloche" party. You don't have to have a cloche, you can use a vase, a birdcage an apothecary jar, anything that you can decorate inside. I look forward to seeing you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waves Hello - I simply adore the picture that you placed there. Also, if you ever want to get rid of those orange votive holders, you've got a fan here that would like them.

    < wink >

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your final changes look great! You've got some wonderful accessories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just realized tonight that Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch has just bought some corner cupboards like yours and is working them into her re do of a room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's just perfect! What a wonderful room...and you know I'm loving that corner cabinet! LOVE your candlelight pics! :-)
    susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this is lovely!! Love how warm those candles are!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am lovin' what you have done to help usher fall in! The corner cabinet looks great in the last photos - it needed some of the taller things. Good job!
    Try a dab of cooking oil to remove the last bit of sticky on glassware.
    Thanks for visiting!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just love the color on the walls in that room! It's a great backdrop for the warmer fall colors. Your arrangements look great.

    Noticed your comment at Murphy Grace about the music on blogs. I always set my volume low before I go visiting because some can startle you but otherwise I love hearing the music on blogs. It gives a another dimension and insight into the person. Plus I've found a lot of great music I might not have heard otherwise!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the changes! Much more cozy and ready for Fall.

    Thanks for your visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! Be sure to stop by tonight! I'm posting a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks so much warmer! Although little changes, they make a big difference!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cozy and warm looking! I have serious jealousy issues with your built in corner unit, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    I'm having a Goodwill party every Wednesday!! Stop by and join in!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks great! I love the summer look, but also like the fall. It's neat that you changed out the mirror with hooks (or moved it) for the fall hued picture.
    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Howdy :-)